PTSD Treatment Near Toms River
Post-traumatic stress disorder, or PTSD, is able to disrupt your life and make it hard to function. Thankfully, professional treatment can help. If you’re ready to work through former traumas and move forward with your life, contact The Counseling Center At Toms River, NJ at 732-605-6364 today. We provide compassionate, experienced PTSD treatment near Toms River for teens, adults, and veterans in a protected setting.
What Is PTSD?
The mental health disorder known as Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder can present itself if you undergo or serve as a witness to a traumatizing event or series of events.
This can include war, abuse or violence, sex-related aggression, devastating accidents, natural catastrophes, intimidation, or any other severe or persistent occurrence that jeopardizes your well-being. Any individual can suffer from PTSD at any time in their life.
PTSD can be incapacitating when symptoms disrupt living a regular, happy life. These symptoms can encompass
- Feeling stressed even when you aren’t in danger
- Invasive thoughts and dreams about the traumatic occurrence
- Vivid flashbacks to the event
- Repressing parts of the trauma
- Staying away from reminders of the trauma, such as locations or people involved
- Feelings of mortification or blaming oneself
- Continual suspicion and fear
- Lack of concentration
- Easily startled
- Always being on guard and untrusting
- Problems sleeping
- Anger and irritability
- Lack of interest in favorite activities
- Withdrawing from friends and family or feeling alone
- Self-destructive or reckless behaviors
- Feeling hopeless or emotionally numb
Most people endure these sorts of symptoms in the time period succeeding a traumatic event. However, PTSD may also arise years after the event. Certain individuals can even endure PTSD by learning that another person -- like a member of their family or a close friend -- had a disturbing occurrence. You might have PTSD if your symptoms endure beyond a month and inhibit you from functioning as you typically would.
If you grapple with PTSD, the compassionate therapists at The Counseling Center’s PTSD treatment center near Toms River are ready to help. Our competent staff understands what you’re going through and has expertise helping others like you control PTSD. Call 732-605-6364 now to arrange an assessment and talk about how we are able to help you get control over past traumatic events.
How Does The Counseling Center Treat PTSD?
You can’t change the fact that you have endured a traumatic occurrence, but expert PTSD treatment near Toms River can halt it from devastating your life. The Counseling Center supplies specialized therapy and medical treatment for PTSD as part of our comprehensive mental health services. We’ll work with you at your own pace to help you get past trauma and cope with the symptoms of PTSD so you are able to experience a life that is happier and more productive.
We believe successful PTSD treatment starts with customized care. Your encounter with and response to trauma won’t look like another person's, so neither should your treatment. After assessing your health records and symptoms, we’ll design a personal care plan with evidence-based therapy and prescription medications to fit your distinct needs for addressing PTSD. Call us at 732-605-6364 today to set up an appointment and start your customized PTSD treatment near Toms River.
Expert PTSD Therapy Near Toms River
Speaking about your experiences and emotional responses with a qualified therapist is vital for PTSD treatment. Our practitioners understand the sensitive nature of trauma and keep it in mind during your sessions. In treatment, you’ll be able to change negative patterns of thought, master valuable coping techniques, and begin to heal. Collectively, we can get you to a place where you’re not just enduring but flourishing in spite of past events.
The credentialed therapists at The Counseling Center utilize several kinds of PTSD therapy near Toms River. We will recommend the therapies we feel will best meet your needs. These might include:
- Trauma-informed therapy that examines how trauma has influenced all facets of your life
- Cognitive behavioral therapy (CBT) to identify patterns of thought that are blocking the healing process
- Dialectical behavioral therapy (DBT) to cultivate coping skills for handling the painful emotions emerging from trauma
- Motivational interviewing to uncover the internal motivation, so you can make the needed changes to encourage healing and living a better life
Taking Medication For PTSD Symptoms
PTSD can lead to a range of mental and physical symptoms that make life difficult. Some of these symptoms can be controlled with the correct prescription drugs when combined with PTSD therapy near Toms River. Our experienced medical staff will work with you to decide when medication is necessary and recommend the suitable medicine for you. We’ll also perform necessary adjustments and are always available to take questions to ensure your medication remains beneficial and safe for you.
Why Seek Help At Our Toms River PTSD Treatment Center?
There’s no need to battle PTSD alone. The Counseling Center is available to assist, and we provide the highest-quality care possible to help you meet your goals for dealing with your stressors and trauma. Everything we do at our PTSD treatment center near Toms River prioritizes you as the patient. That involves:
- Licensed, experienced therapists and clinicians
- Evidence-based psychotherapy and medications for PTSD
- Care customized for you
- Various types of mental health care
- Easy-to-access location near Toms River
- Hybrid schedules with telehealth appointments available
- Most insurance coverages welcomed
- Expert treatment for co-occurring substance use disorders
- Understanding, respectful care
Find PTSD Treatment Near Toms River
If you have PTSD, you deserve help. Call 732-605-6364 or submit the form, and we will reply promptly to enroll you in PTSD treatment. We always answer, irregardless of the time or day. We are ready to support you now.